Sunday, January 6, 2013

Series Catch-Up Challenge 2013


I was on the fence about joining a series/sequel catch-up type challenge since I have a lot of other goals and challenges for the year that revolve around stand-alone books and wasn't sure if I could fit it in. In the end, I decided that I won't commit to reading a whole lot of books for this challenge this year, but I want to make sure I don't forget about them completely! Maybe next year will be the year of the series and I'll go for broke, but this year I'm going to set a modest goal and aim for the level of Series Newbie and catch-up on 1-5 series. I'm not sure how everyone does this, but I'm going to include series that I haven't actually started yet, but that I own and have been meaning to read FOREVER (that's still catching-up right?). I have a lot of other books/series I could pick from, but here's my tentative choices based on what I'd most like to read now:

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)   Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
The Taker (The Taker #1)   The Reckoning (The Taker, #2)
The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)   The Essence (The Pledge, #2) 
(shoot -- I didn't even realize The Essence was published already!)
Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)   Rapture (Fallen, #4)
Divergent (Divergent, #1)   Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

There will be monthly link-ups for your reviews and giveaways, so if you want to join in, click on either of the links above to go to one of the host sites!

(Also a thank you to Kay from It's a Book Life -- I found out about this challenge from her sign-up post!)

UPDATE: I will be keeping track of my progress with this challenge here.

2 comments:

  1. Those are all really good books on your list! I can't wait to see what you think of them. The only ones I haven't read are The Taker and The Reckoning.

    I guess I still need to read Essence too (I totally didn't realize that it had come out already). Thanks for the heads up and the mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I thought it was still a few months to wait for The Essence and I wanted to read The Pledge so I would be caught up for it. Then I went into GoodReads to help get my list together and saw it was actually published New Year's Day! So now I guess I have to read both to get caught up for the final book (assuming it's a trilogy, which I believe it is!)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)