Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#12): Books I Resolve to Read in 2013

Things have been a little crazy here between the holidays and my husband and I buying a house (!) so I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday in a while. I also wasn't really feeling some of the 2012 recap topics and the necessary re-hashing of stuff I've already talked about they would have entailed. But now it's a new year and I'm ready for new things, so I'm excited about today's topic from The Broke and the Bookish.

Yesterday, I posted about my 2013 Banned Books Challenge (come join me!), I've set a GoodReads 2013 goal of 50 40 books, and I'm planning to participate in a TBR pile challenge and a classics challenge (more about those soon!), so my selections here have been made with those goals in mind. I've chosen challenges that are in line with the books I want to be reading anyway and thankfully there will be some overlap. I don't yet know how any of these "resolutions" will truly fare, especially with all the work I'll be doing on our new house, but I'm being optimistic!

The Secret Keeper   Divergent (Divergent, #1)   The Book Thief
Thirteen Reasons Why   The Night Circus


The Great Gatsby   Women in Love   Emma
Their Eyes Were Watching God   The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure

Good luck to everyone with their resolutions, book and non-book related!

14 comments:

  1. Divergent and thirteen reasons are both great reads! Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did!:)

    My list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Going to check yours out now!

      Delete
  2. Some great books there. The Book Thief was one of the best books I read last year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and that you get all of these read. My Top Ten is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent, The Book Thief, 13 Reasons Why, and The Great Gatsby are great if not amazing reads! Great list!

    My list:
    http://itisabooklife.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-3-top-ten-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, I loved The Book Thief and Thirteen Reasons Why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Secret Keeper's on my list too! Hope you enjoy Divergent, it's quite an engrossing adrenaline rush of a read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dying to get my hands on The Secret Keeper, but then somehow it got pushed to the side. It doesn't help that once I finish it, I won't have any more Kate Morton books to read and she's really one of my favorites!

      Delete
  7. Nice choice with The Princess Bride, it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of those ones I've been meaning to get to forever...

      Delete
  8. Need to read The Book Thief, The Night Circus, 13 Reasons Why & I am on the fence about The Great Gatsby. Loved Divergent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people have told me how much they love Divergent -- I'm really starting to feel like I've been missing out!

      Delete
  9. I absolutely loved Divergent as well as Thirteen Reasons Why! I hope you get to all of these books this year. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be a definite consensus on those two books -- it's definitely about time I get to them!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)