1. Read and review the remaining books I've gotten from FirstReads, Shelf Awareness, and ARCycling in 2012.
2. Complete my Banned Books 2013 Challenge. (Making Waves level = 5 frequently challenged books)
3. Complete Sarah Reads Too Much's Back to the Classics 2013 Challenge.
4. Complete the Foodies Read 2013 Challenge. (Sous Chef level = 9-13 books)
5. Complete Emilie's Book World/Lost at Midnight's Series Catch-Up Challenge. (Series Newbie level = 1-5 series)
6. For the books I read this year, I want 90% of them to be ones I already own. I reserve the remaining 10% for a few new releases and any other review copies I may get my hands on. I'm OK with fudging this number a bit if I end up reading more borrowed books (library/friends/family), so long as they are not additional books I would keep.
7. In conjunction with all the previous goals (and particularly #6), I aim to complete Planet Pook's Embarrassment of Riches Challenge as I tackle my TBR pile (Gold level = 36 books already in my possession).
8. My overall goal for the GoodReads 2013 Reading Challenge is to read a minimum of 40 books. In 2012, I tried for 50 books, but only managed 41. I think 40 is realistic, but also high enough to cover all my other challenges!
9. Get together a list of 50 classics I want to read in the next 5 years and join The Classics Club. The books I read for #3 should be a good start!
10. This might sound counter-intuitive to what I've just written, but above all else, I aim to read for enjoyment and not out of obligation. I chose these particular challenges because they already align with what I want to be reading, not just what I feel I should be reading. Along the way, I may change my book choices because I do not want any of this to feel like "homework." I want to get my life/schedule organized a bit better so I have more time to read and I plan to enjoy every minute of it!
Once again, Happy New Year to everyone and best of luck with your own bookish goals this year!