For this week's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke & the Bookish we're supposed to choose our favorite authors from the genre of our choice. I don't have a specific "niche" that I read from all the time, so I'm going to go a bit broad here and split this up between adult fiction authors and young adult fiction authors.
Top Four Adult Fiction Authors
1. Kate Morton - I am addicted to this woman's books. Her latest gets published TODAY. Can't wait for my pre-order to arrive!
2. Sara Gruen - So in love with Water for Elephants and I enjoyed her other three books as well.
3. Diana Gabaldon - I love Jamie and Claire and everything about the fabulous Outlander saga. The books are massive -- just calling this a "series" doesn't really do it justice!
4. Kathryn Stockett - So far The Help is her only published novel, but I will snap up anything else this wonderful writer comes out with in the future.
Top Five Young Adult Fiction Authors
1. J.K. Rowling (I'm only 20 pages in, but I'll soon see if The Casual Vacancy adds Ms. Rowling to my adult list as well!)
2. Jenny Downham - I've talked about this amazing author quite a few times now. LOVE her. I've reviewed both her books Before I Die & You Against Me
3. Suzanne Collins - Hunger Games. That's all.
4. Lauren Oliver - I have the rest of her books on my to-read list, but I've really enjoyed Delirium & Pandemonium
5. Lauren DeStefano - Wither & Fever - so good!