1. Claire from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander -- A modern woman with modern "notions" about a woman's place in the world, time-travels to the 18th century. She uses her skills as a nurse to be a healer in her new time and is forever coming to the rescue. She's smart, strong-willed, and totally kick-ass.
2. Katniss from The Hunger Games -- This one needs no explanation. Katniss is kick-ass in every sense of the word.
3. Hermione from Harry Potter -- I love smart heroines and Hermione fits that to a T. She uses her brains and her wits to do all sorts of ass-kicking.
4. Vianne from Chocolat -- An independent thinker who challenges a small town's idea of what is right and proper. She doesn't bend to the townspeople's pressure to "fit in." I love her character in both the book and the movie.
5. Nancy Drew -- the original girl sleuth who always saved the day!
I hope everyone in Sandy's path is staying inside and staying safe -- it's crazy out there!