Monday, March 26, 2012

Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium trilogy #2
Published by: HarperTeen
Date: Feb. 28, 2012
How did I get this book? Purchased
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GoodReads | Author | Publisher

I rarely get the opportunity to say this, but I enjoyed this second book in the Delirium series even more than the first. To briefly recap, this series is set in a dystopian world where love is a disease. Teenagers are required to undergo a procedure that "cures" them and makes it impossible to fall in love. The first book follows Lena's journey toward realizing how wrong this all is. She falls in love herself and she builds up enough courage to attempt an escape to the Wilds, the only place to go if you defy the government mandates. 

Pandemonium picks up right where Delirium left off and we follow Lena into her new life in the Wilds. The Wilds may be a place to escape to, but they are not safe. Lena faces all kinds of challenges as she tries to piece together a new life for herself. There's romance, adventure, danger, surprises - all the things I love in a book. 

One thing I love to hate about Lauren Oliver as an author is that she is the QUEEN of a cliff-hanger ending. The ending to this book was nothing short of breath-taking, absolutely fabulous. Then, I closed the book and remembered just how long I am going to have to wait to find out what happens next. I actually hated the ending to her first book until I realized it was not actually the end. And now that I have the sequel I so desperately wanted, I am again left begging for the next installment to be published sooner. Tomorrow would be nice. (Pretty, pretty please?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think :)