Friday, January 8, 2016

Bookish Christmas

I thought I'd take a little break from the New Year goals and challenges to rewind and share the bookish gifts we gave and received this Christmas. And don't worry, there are more New Year challenges to come :)

My inlaws did a little photoshoot while babysitting one afternoon and gave us this photo in a beautiful frame from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. How adorable?!?!

There are quite a few friends and family members who know we are book lovers, so the little man received a few more for his collection :)

My husband and I gave these two by Nancy Tillman to our son. I absolutely love all her books because they are both beautiful and sentimental in the best possible way. Highly recommended.

Another gift from my husband and I to our son. My parents still have Volume 2 & Volume 3 from when my brother and I were kids and we borrowed those to read this year leading up to Christmas. And while I know they will happily lend them to us again, I thought I would track down a copy of the first volume to add to our own collection. They are apparently not so easy to find, but I lucked out at this Etsy shop. I think it will be nice to mix up which volume we read each year in the future.

I received the Outlander graphic novel from my aunt- and uncle-in-law. I read it from the library (last year?) and loved it, but I didn't have a copy for my collection. Now I do! :)

And finally, my cousin and her family got us this awesome heat-sensitive Harry Potter mug...

 ...and HP onesie for the little guy. But, shhhh, we all know he's really a wizard :) :)
  

11 comments:

  1. Your little guy is so cute! I love the HP photo! What a fun gift! So many wonderful book and HP gifts. :D It looks like you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your boy is so adorable (and big!). I love that Harry Potter photo, as well as the Muggle onesie. I hope you enjoy owning The Exile -- I love mine! Looks like some wonderful new editions to your baby's library. Lucky little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great thoughtful bookish gifts - the picture frame with your little one is just precious!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! It now resides on the table beside my comfy reading chair :) :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for bookish gifts - that frame is adorable and I really like the onesie for him too!!

    -Lauren

    p.s. You commented on the unique format book challenge about re-opening the link up to sign up. I can't get the linky to stay open past about a month, so I'm going to have monthly link ups for the reviews so if you link up a review, you're in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren!

      Ah, OK thanks for letting me know! I've never used inLinkz before so I'm not as familiar with how it works -- it just seemed unusual for sign-ups for a year-long challenge to be closed so soon. But I left a comment with my sign-up and I can't wait to start reading! Hopefully I can keep up with the reviews though -- those are sometimes my downfall with challenges!

      Delete
  5. What a cutie! Of course he's a wizard. That goes without saying. :) And I love the heat-sensitive mug. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute! Babies make Christmas so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think :)