And while we're at it, a few additional bookish goals for the New Year:
- Choose a library story-time to attend and start taking my son regularly.
- Continue adding to my book quotes journal as I read.
- Get serious about reading from my shelves AND actually read any new books I buy.
- Support my local independent/used bookstores when I do shop.
- Find a better balance between reading library books and books I already own.
- Participate in at least one short-term, intensive read-a-thon (like Dewey's or 24 in 48)
- Complete my year-long reading challenges (more info on those soon!)
- Review more on the blog. This doesn't mean every book I read, but I want to figure out how to get excited about reviewing again, whatever shape or form that might take.
- Read all the remaining unread children's books on my son's shelves at least once.
- Re-read at least 5 books -- with all the excitement of new stories, I sometimes forget to make time to re-read. Harry Potter illustrated edition, I've got my eye on you!
|My book quotes journal|
Thanks for reading and Happy New Year everyone!