Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Shelf Control #2


Shelf Control is a weekly meme hosted by Lisa of Bookshelf Fantasies where we each share a book from our shelves we'd like to read soon. I need a break from the new releases, so this is just perfect for me! Come on and join in :)

* * * * *

My pick for this week is:

What My Mother Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones

How I got it: my local indie bookstore

When I got it: last year?

Why I want to read it: Banned Books Week is starting September 27th, so I'm picking another frequently challenged title from my shelves this week. Banned Books are a major bookish interest of mine and I can't believe how many of these titles I've picked up over the years and then neglected to actually read! Also, it's a novel in verse, a type of book I've never tried before.

8 comments:

  1. I find it amusing that the two books that you've picked so far are books that I read in high school. How did I not pass them on to you? I'm feeling like a bad friend with your picks! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I very specifically remember you reading this book and and since we borrowed from each other all the time, it was definitely my own fault I never borrowed this one from you :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, interesting! I've never heard of this one before, but it looks pretty intriguing. I don't think I've ever read anything completely in verse before either. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe last year's Brown Girl Dreaming is a memoir in verse -- I definitely want to read that one too! Clearly the verse format intrigues me -- it's just time to get reading :)

      Delete
  3. I'm just working on putting together a list of nonfiction books for banned books week. I feel as though the list is typically mostly fiction books, so I'm curious what I'll find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I am very interested to see what you find as well!

      Delete
  4. I thought of you the other day when I was getting the banned books week teen display ready! This book is on my display! :D I hope you enjoy it. I haven't read it myself yet, but I hope to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Kay! I love hearing what libraries are doing for Banned Books Week! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)