Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bout of Books 14: Wrap-Up Post

I was going to write this up yesterday, but it was finally nice enough outside to take the baby to the park without being afraid that it is too hot and humid for him. We definitely haven't gotten out as much as I would like this summer, so that took up my free time for the day and I'm not one bit sorry about it :) As much as I love summer, I'm definitely looking forward to the fall when I won't need to worry about a newborn in the sun and heat -- if only it could be fall weather year-round, I would be one happy camper.

Anyway, I am calling Bout of Books 14 a great success! Here's what I read:

8 graphic novels
1 audiobook re-read while walking
21 picture books with baby

Returned the rest to the library without taking a photo, oops!

This doesn't even include the picture books I read to my son that we've read before. I like to keep track of all books I read with him, but I only record them the first time. I must say, I feel like a kid again rediscovering all these wonderful stories -- at this point, I'm sure I am enjoying them more than he is!

I'm also thinking I'm overdue for a graphic novel post since I can't seem to get enough of them lately. They really are excellent reading when you have a baby to take care of. I'm sure I will read longer books again someday, but for now I am a total graphic novel addict.

Hope everyone had a great week -- Bout of Books or not!

9 comments:

  1. I didn't even think to include baby books in my Bout of Books wrap-up! We read 10 new books last week, plus a smattering of re-reads (I do like you and only keep track of the initial read).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I might as well count them all :) I think 21 was a bit of a high week for us, come to think of it -- it was a big library pile week for sure.

      Delete
  2. You rocked it! Omg, I would love fall weather all year round and I'm sure your baby would too! I am sure you both had a wonderful day outside! :D I definitely think you should write up a graphic novel post! I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! At the moment the post is in my brain, but hopefully it will make it to the screen soon :) :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did fantastic this round of Bout of Books!! I finished 3 books and continued reading another one!! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to know more about the graphic novels you are reading - I've been wanting to try out more graphic novels.

    The fact that you included books that you read with baby is fun! Reading with your little one gets more fun as he gets older too... Although there is a lot of reading the same book over and over because they make firm favourites. I'm pretty sure I could read our little one's three favourite books of by heart!

    We've been having the total opposite issue with the weather - rain, rain, rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think the graphic novels I've been reading is going to be more than one post, lol. There are just too many good ones!

      I am taking full advantage of age and therefore lack of preferences in books right now...I know the day will come where he wants to stick to his favorites.

      Rainy weather is a bummer when you want to go out and about with your little one! I hope it clears up where you are :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you had successful Bout of Books :) All the best to your family :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think :)