Thursday, April 2, 2015

March Madness 2015: Wrap-Up


So it turns out I was a little over-ambitious after all! I was on a major reading roll in January and February, but a baby shower, out of town guests, and lots of preparations for our little one meant I was busier in March than I had accounted for. The middle of this giant pile got a bit neglected, but I did end up reading 8 of the 16, plus three audiobooks and one children's book I've been wanting to read for my Banned Books Challenge -- And Tango Makes Three.


I finished Voyager -- woo hoo! -- and read the James Thurber collection as well as all of the remaining Y: The Last Man comic collections. I started Paper Towns for book club, but was only a couple chapters in at the end of the month. My husband's work schedule has been super busy, so a lot of days I went on my daily walk (Dr.'s orders!) alone and zipped through two Lisa Scottoline mysteries -- Look Again and Don't Go -- and a short story collection on audio. Something tells me audio as well as shorter, easier books (like the graphic novels and children's books I've been gravitating toward) are going to be the new normal around here for a while.

I hope you read something good last month!

8 comments:

  1. I want to read And Tango Makes Three! - I plan to for the banned books challenge as well. How was it?! Also, I am not behind in my own challenge and still need to read Dragonfly in Amber. Luckily I will have time to do that this weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good! You definitely should check it out at your library. And it's OK to get behind -- you are a fast reader, so I'm sure you will catch up :) I don't feel as ahead now that we are onto the 3rd month of the challenge, but I am still optimistic I will finish this series this year.

      Delete
  2. Holly Cow! You totally rocked the challenge. Excellent!! Love the elephant too!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alysia! I should have known I wouldn't really stick to a pre-planned list, but any month with a good amount of reading is a good month by my :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on doing such a great job on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! You did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think :)