Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#18): The Golem and the Jinni

I hate ads. I really, really do. I mute or fast-forward through commercials (DVR = awesomest invention ever) and I turn a blind eye to nearly all ads online. I certainly never click on them, EXCEPT for ones I see on GoodReads or ShelfAwareness. These are honestly the only two sites where I pay any attention because they are the only places I have ever encountered truly relevant advertising. The whole point of this little story is that I discovered this book through an ad on one of those sites (can't remember which exactly!) that totally sucked me in. I had never heard a single thing about it previously, so job well done book marketers, well done indeed.
Expected Publication: April 23, 2013

Other than a gorgeous and mysterious-looking cover, this book has a lot of other things going for it. According to the description on GoodReads, it is "A marvelous and absorbing debut novel, an enchanting combination of vivid historical fiction and magical fable about two supernatural creatures in turn-of-the-century immigrant New York." Annnnnd I'm sold. I'm totally intrigued and I can't wait to check out such a unique story.

For more information, check it out on GoodReads.
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this one pop up on Edelweiss ages ago but at the time it didn't even have a summary but the cover alone had me intrigued. I'm even more intrigued by the summary... going to definitely have to check this one out. Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edelweiss is still a bit of a mystery to me, but I am clearly also intrigued by this one! Loved your pick this week :)

      Delete
  2. This book is on my radar screen because the buzz for it is building. Love the description and am putting it on my ever-growing TBR. The cover looks like the Washington Square Arch in Greenwich Village.

    Here's my WoW:
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-debut-novel-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem to be building quite a buzz lately! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)