Saturday, March 2, 2013

Take Control of Your TBR Pile


I'm going to be crazy busy this month since I am (hopefully!) moving sometime this week, but I've had my eye on this challenge for a while and figured I might as well join anyway. If I can read four books (one per week) for this challenge, I'll be quite pleased. My plan is simply to read books I'm really excited about so I'll want to sneak in a few chapters any chance I get!

The rules for this challenge are quite broad since the only real requirement is the books you choose must be published before March 2013. Some of my picks are technically review books and library books, but I already have them in my possession, they fit the date requirement, and they are on my TBR list, so I think I'm in the clear! As an added bonus, they crossover with my various other 2013 challenges, so I'll be making progress all around.

The following are the three books I'm definitely planning to read and I'll leave any additional choices for later so I can see what I'm in the mood for. I just started City of Dark Magic and I'm already so in love with it --I can't wait to tell you more about it!

City of Dark Magic   The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1)   The Water Witch (Fairwick Chronicles, #2)

If you want to join the fun, click on the badge above for more information and to sign-up!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know you can kick this challenge's butt. :)

    I can't wait to see your review of City of Dark Magic. I haven't heard of it before so I looked it up and boy does it sound interesting.

    Congrats on the move! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay -- I had read somewhere that fans of Discovery of Witches would enjoy City of Dark Magic -- even though I still have the former sitting on my shelves, that recommendation really intrigued me. I can't officially compare until I actually read the other series, but so far I'm thinking I will love them both!

      Delete
  3. Best of luck! One a week is a good target. I'm working towards getting through my TBR, once you've a routine of sorts it's a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie -- the TBR pile would be so much more manageable if I didn't keep finding new books to read! Oh well, I think that is on of the hazards of book blogging, I'll just have to live with :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so far in over my head when it comes to my TBR pile the idea of joining a challenge is even daunting! Sometimes the whole situation is so overwhelming my denial kicks in and I don't even read (well, for like a day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely relate to that! I figured this would be a good excuse to read only TBR pile books, even it's only a few. I'm glad there's no challenge out there asking us to read our entire TBR pile otherwise, I think I'd be reading for decades!

      Delete
  5. Oh! I think I need to do this. I've got so many books piled up on my desk and saved on my Kindle, and this will help with some of my goals for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope it helps :) For me, I figured it would be good to have something short-term to help me focus, since heaven knows I'm in enough year-long challenges already!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)