Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#14): 15th Anniversary Edition Harry Potter Books

I already mentioned how excited I am about the upcoming re-release of the Harry Potter books with brand-new cover art in my weekly round-up this past Sunday, but I just can't help highlighting it here too.

Image from Shelf-Awareness
Expected Publication: September 2013

I wanted to be upset about messing with the original, but I really love this first cover and can't wait to see what the artist, Kazu Kibuishi, has done with the other six books. The news is all over the internet, but I first read it from Shelf Awareness. And according to Publisher's Weekly, the boxed set will retail for $100 and the individual books will be priced between $12.99 and $16.99. My best friend and I are already planning to swap boxed sets for our birthday gifts this year -- who needs a surprise when you can have Harry? :)

For more information, check it out on GoodReads.
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the box set to be released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I miss the unicorn on the front. Otherwise, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided it's completely possible to love both old and new covers -- glad I'm not the only one :)

      Delete
  3. You got me even more excited for this... if that is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'll buy them, but it is pretty cool! I can't believe they've been out for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I kind of did a double-take when I realized which anniversary these books were celebrating.

      Delete
  5. I have never read Harry Potter (yeah yeah I know :p) so when I saw the news of the set with new covers being released, I decided that might actually be the perfect opportunity :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Christine, I like yours a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I hear someone who hasn't read this series yet, I actually get a little bit jealous since I know you still have the opportunity ahead of you to read the books for the first time!I just think they are so magical and I will never forget the first time I read them. I definitely recommend reading them when you get a chance & I hope you enjoy them as much as I have :)

      Delete
  6. I love the new cover. There is something softer with this one than the first one. But nothing compares to my first love. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to books, I think it's OK to have more than one love, lol :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)