I am 100% certain I'd make a blubbering fool of myself if I ever actually had the opportunity to meet anyone on this list, but it would still be incredibly awesome to meet any of these super-talented people! Thanks to The Broke & the Bookish for hosting this weekly feature.
1. J.K. Rowling - This needs no explanation.
2. Diana Gabaldon - My husband recruited his parents to get me an autographed copy of Outlander when she had an book signing in their area, (which was awesome!) but I never got the chance to meet her myself.
3. Jenny Downham - British author of two of my all-time favorites Before I Die and You Against Me
4. Kate Morton - Author of The House at Riverton, The Forgotten Garden, The Distant Hours, & the soon-to-be-released-I-absolutely-cannot-wait-to-read-it, The Secret Keeper!
5. Suzanne Collins - Another favorite author, seriously don't make me choose between all of these lovely ladies (& men) because I don't think I could!
6. Sara Gruen -- Author of one of my absolute favorite books that is not part of a series, Water for Elephants.
7. Lauren DeStefano -- My aunt actually did meet her! And I love her facebook posts all about her experience as a writer -- very interesting and inspiring.
8. Jenny Lawson -- simply because her debut memoir, Let's Pretend This Never Happened was utterly hysterical
9. John Marsden -- because the books of his Tomorrow series were the my "gateway" YA books that got me hooked on the genre.
10. Nathan Fillion -- Not only does he play the role of a writer on TV's Castle, he's also one of the founders of the non-profit Kids Need to Read -- a very worthy cause & very inspirational!
Who would you love to meet?