Friday, October 14, 2011

Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium trilogy #1
Published by: HarperTeen
Date: Feb. 1, 2011
How did I get this book? Purchased
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GoodReads | Author | Publisher

Imagine a world in which no one is allowed to fall in love.  A world in which love is believed to be the root of all evils.  At age 18 you get "cured" and are "safe" from contracting the "disease" of love, or Amor Deliria Nervosa as it has been named.  Of course, this book was destined to be about a girl who falls in love right before she is scheduled to be "cured."

I found the premise of this book fascinating and I really enjoyed reading it.  Until I got to the end, that is.  I didn't care for the end and felt as if the story was left unfinished.  Then, to my happy surprise, I discovered there is a sequel coming out!  So, I feel it is only fair to not hold the ending against this book, because the story is not yet over!  If you like young adult fiction with an interesting twist, give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think :)