Sunday, February 10, 2013

This Week's Bookish Finds

Lord knows I spend too much time on the internet, so I figured I might as well share some of my favorite book news I've seen around the web this week. Thanks to Kay of It's a Book Life for inspiring me to finally put something like this together!
*  *  *  *  *

1. This is probably old news by now, but Lauren DeStefano announced her new Utopian series, The Internment Chronicles (!!!). I would read anything that girl writes, but I'm extra excited that she's going in this particular direction. With the flood of dystopian books coming out lately, this stands out from the crowd.

Requiem (Delirium, #3)2. I've also read in various places that if you pre-order a copy of Lauren Oliver's Requiem from the first printing, it includes an exclusive bonus story about Alex :) :)

3. I keep seeing this new site Bookish that launched this week getting promoted all over the place. I'm not sure how much I'd use it since I already use GoodReads, but their book recommendation feature is pretty cool.

4. A prescription for reading books from you doctor? I kinda like this concept.

Beloved5. A parent in Fairfax, VA is trying to get Toni Morrison's Beloved banned. (Thanks to Soon Remembered Tales for sharing this one on Twitter!)

6. Just in case you thought all those books you were assigned in school were a waste of time, check out The 10 Most Important Life Lessons from Required High School Reading from The Huffington Post. (Lots of banned books on this list. Just saying.)

2 comments:

  1. Love your bookish finds post!

    I saw on the web about the short story in Requiem featuring Alex. I immediately pre-ordered the book, being an Alex fan and all. :)

    Also, what an interesting concept for doctors to prescribe books. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I usually don't pre-order, but I definitely did in this case :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)