Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (#1)


I've resisted memes such as this one before now because I've really been trying to curb my book buying habit and adding to my overflowing collection isn't something I'm 100% proud of. But I recently won some really cool stuff, so I wanted to give some well-deserved acknowledgements. :) I'll probably only do this (at most) once a month, so today I'm sharing new books since the beginning of the year.

I didn't actually buy most of these books and I honestly don't know where all this luck is coming from (maybe it's good karma for posting my first ARCycling review and then donating the book back to the program? Honestly, I just don't know.) The books I did spend actual money on are ones that, let's face it, I was going to buy no matter what. Plus two $1 books, but does that even count as spending money? I'm going to say no.

(If you want to participate, click on the logo above for more information. And to learn more about any of the books, click on it's cover to go to it's GoodReads page.)

First off, I won this book from the totally awesome ARCycling. After missing out on my first request, I did a little more research and realized just how great this debut author's book sounds. I'm super excited to read & review it!
The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow
The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow, by Rita Leganski
*  *  *  *  *

Then, I won Krisha of InkkReviews' awesome birthday giveaway which included these two books plus a $10 Amazon giftcard and lots of other cool stuff. If you don't already read their blog, go check it out :)
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, # 1)   The Time Traveler's Wife
Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The Time Traveller's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
*  *  *  *  *

I also scored an ARC of this book from Shelf Awareness. According to GoodReads it's "...a haunting novel about a grieving woman who discovers the lost letters of novelist Victor Hugo, awakening a mystery that spans centuries." Super excited to read & review this one too!
Seduction: A Novel of Suspense
Seduction: A Novel of Suspense, by M.J. Rose
*  *  *  *  *

Then, I won these 4 ARCs from a Chronicle Books Facebook contest (seriously I don't know where all this luck is coming from!) I entered the contest on a whim and I'll probably never read the middle grades title, but the first three look quite promising. 
Under Shifting Glass   Nobody's Secret   Absent   Seagulls Don't Eat Pickles: Fish Finelli Book 1
Under Shifting Glass, by Nicky Singer
Nobody's Secret, by Michaela MacColl
Absent, by Katie Williams
Fish Finelli, by Erica Farber
*  *  *  *  *

A B&N coupon that arrived in my email tempted me to buy/pre-order these new releases of series I'm already in the middle of:
Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)   Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2)   The Essence (The Pledge, #2)
Sever, by Lauren DeStefano (squeeee!)
Stolen Nights, by Rebecca Maizel
The Essence, by Kimberly Derting
*  *  *  *  *

And these last two I got from my library's Book Sale for $1 each. I've had my eye on them since they were published, so for that price I really couldn't help myself. And I'm supporting my library, right? Yea well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared   The Weird Sisters
The Reading Promise, by Alice Ozma & Jim Brozina
The Weird Sisters, by Eleanor Brown
*  *  *  *  *

I'm so grateful for all the great books that have come my way, but I'm actually hoping my list won't be so long next month!

2 comments:

  1. New follower. I see that you got some awesome YA books in your haul. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow :) Going to check your site out now!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)