Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Lucky One

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
Source: Purchased
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
GoodReads

Let's face it, Nicholas Sparks books will never win any high-brow literary awards, but that is not the reason I read them. This book is exactly what you expect it to be -- a light, feel-good read. There's a secret, a warm and fuzzy romance, an evil ex-husband, a lovable kid, a loyal dog, and an eccentric grandmother. It's not exactly predictable, but it doesn't keep you guessing until the last page either. It's a solid romance for readers who like that kind of thing. I also saw the movie and, as always, the book is better than the movie. Don't get me wrong, I love a Nicholas Sparks chick flick, but the book is definitely a notch above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think :)