Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Source: Purchased
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Anyone who knows me has heard me say this before, but I'll say it again: I'm a sucker for young adult fiction.  There's nothing like a good romance/coming-of-age story and my latest pick is no exception.  Simone Elkeles' books are easy to read, have likable characters, and interesting plot lines.  Are they a tad bit predictable? Probably, but predictable has never prevented me from enjoying an otherwise excellent book.  Reinventing the wheel has never been a requirement of mine in a novel.  

This particular book, as well as the other two that came before it (Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction) also deal with some important hot-button issues such as gangs, drugs, and relationships.  This latest installment features Luis Fuentes, the younger brother of Alex and Carlos Fuentes from the earlier books.  I liked that the books are related, but they each follow the experiences of a different main character rather than just focusing on one.  So if you are looking for a quick, fun, read that also deals with some heavier issues and is told with a unique and original voice, check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think :)