Friday, October 14, 2011

The Distant Hours

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
Source: Purchased
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GoodReads

A few words about my most recent literary addiction:
Enthralling
Enchanting
Romantic
Mysterious
Haunting

If you like novels with these characteristics, read Kate Morton's novels.  I cannot say enough good things about her books and I wholeheartedly recommend them.  She never fails to surprise me and I cannot wait until she publishes her next book.  Bear in mind that her writing is not of the happy, feel good type.  Her stories tend to be dark and creepy and not for the reader who needs a happy ending. There are always bright spots in her books and parts of the plot resolve themselves in a happy way, but overall these novels could best be described as tragic.  But, the biggest tragedy of all would be to not lose yourself in these pages.

2 comments:

  1. I read this one too, as well as the previous two and I didn't really enjoy this one as much as The Forgotten garden and House at Riverton. I'm still a fan of Kate Morton though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't pick a favorite, I liked them all :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)